Itching to try out that sparkly festival glitter application you’re seeing across Pinterest/Tumblr/Instagram/every-single-social-media-app-ever? These six cute little glitter pots are about to bring you a whole heap of rainbow fun this festival season!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Base: foundation, sunscreen, or bare skin with a primer
Glitter face paint (from craft stores) OR glitter and a sticky base: like lipgloss or vaseline
Lots of glitter (we used: iridescent, blue, silver, gold, deep red, purple, wine and pink)
Stick on diamantes/stars
HOW TO DO IT:
- Get your base covered. Foundation, sunscreen or bare skin with a primer. Whatever your most comfortable with! Keep in mind the weather. Festivals in summer can get sticky and in winter can get rainy.
- Do the rest of your usual makeup – blush or contouring if you’ve got mad skills.
- Use your glitter face paint (or vaseline/lipgloss) to make half moon shapes around your eyes, then add in a triangle shape on your forehead.
- It’s time to get glittery! To get this magical mermaid effect, we’re going to layer our glitter! We used a white/iridescent colour for the base, then added blue and silver on top, gold on the outer edges, and pink glitter to the inner edges.
- Next, use your tweezers to add diamontes to your face! If you need some ideas, sticking them along your brow is always a winner. But feel free to get creative!
- Now do you favourite eyeliner (we can’t resist the classic winged look) and add mascara.
- Pop on some lippie and you’re ready to go!
Need more help?! Check out Jasmine Cameron’s glitter tears tutorial below!
– Mac 224
– Mac 217
– Morphe Dense Shader Brush
– Real Techniques Stippling Brush
– BH Cosmetics glitter Powder in Pearl
– NYX Glitter Powder in Rose Gold
– Lit Cosmetics Glitter Oil
– Ardell Wispies
– Revlon Clear Lash Glue
– Mac Tan Shimmer Shadow
– Makeup Geek Bitten Shadow
– The Balm Whats Your Type Mascara
Have you got your festival outfit sorted? Check out the four festival items we can’t live without!