Whoever said salads can’t be delicious, simply hasn’t tried Rachel Aust from Eat Run Lift’s Chickpea Noodle Salad! Packed full of the good stuff, it’s filling, tastes so good and is the perfect lunch meal for busy ladies.
- 6 large kale leaves
- 50g rice vermicelli
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Pad Thai paste
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion salt
- Baby spinach
- Grated carrot
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- To prepare your kale take six large, washed leaves and cut around the spine of the leaf before chopping into small pieces.
- Place the kale in a bowl and add the juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of Himalayan salt, massage these into the kale and leave it to sit on its own while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place a skillet on a medium heat with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Cut up 1 brown onion and place it in the warm skillet.
- Allow the onion to cook on its own for five minutes before adding in 1 tin of rinsed and drained chickpeas and turn down to a lower heat.
- Also add paprika, curry powder, and onion salt to the onion/chickpea mix.
- In a new bowl place 50g of rice vermicelli and enough boiled water to completely cover the vermicelli. After 5 minutes use some kitchen scissors to cut up the vermicelli. Allow this to also sit on its own for a few minutes.
- After the chickpea/onion mix has cooked for 20 minutes add 2 tablespoons of Pad Thai paste and allow it to cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are finishing begin constructing your salad bowls. Combine the pre-prepared kale and vermicelli with some baby spinach leaves, grated carrot, and coriander.
- Add the chickpeas on top once they are finished.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
Creator of the recipe: Eat Run Lift (reposted with permission)
Looking for more weekend recipe inspo? Check out more of our healthy recipes here.