…Or you might like to call it Zughetti! Spaghetti + zucchini = zughetti! This is the BEST way to get extra greens into your day! Plus, delicious!
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, we use Cherry Bursts!
- ¼ pumpkin peeled and cubed (we like kent!)
- ¾ cup cashews (or any other nut)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 red chilli deseeded
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbs. coconut oil melted
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin cubes onto the baking tray and drizzle with the coconut oil.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the cherry tomatoes to the baking tray and cook both the pumpkin and cherry tomatoes for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spiralize your zucchinis into a large bowl! If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a julienne peeler, a mandoline slicer OR you can simply use a potato peeler and make fettucini style zoodles!
- In a blender whiz the cashews, olive oil, chilli, basil, lemon, salt, and pepper until just smooth. We like ours to be a little crunchy still!
- Add the basil pesto to the zoodles and mix well.
- Once the pumpkin and cherry tomatoes are cooked, add them to the zoodle mix and enjoy!
- Hellooooooo deliciousness!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
Creater of the recipe: The Merrymaker Sisters (reposted with permission)
Looking for more weekend recipe inspo? Check out more of our healthy recipes here.