Love sparkles, but don’t know how to rock them? It’s time to unleash your inner glitter queen! We’ve got a simple glitter look you can do in 5 minutes for your next festival adventure that’ll leave you looking (and feeling) like a mermaid.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Base: foundation, sunscreen, or bare skin with a primer.
- Glitter face paint (from craft stores) OR glitter and a sticky base: like lipgloss or vaseline
- Lots of glitter (we used: iridescent, blue, silver, gold and pink)
- Stick on diamontes
- Your makeup essentials! We use Stefan’s makeup.
HOW TO DO IT:
- Get your base covered. Foundation, sunscreen or bare skin with a primer. Whatever your most comfortable with! Keep in mind the weather. Festivals in summer can get sticky and in winter can get rainy.
- Do the rest of your usual makeup – blush or contouring if you’ve got mad skills.
- Use your glitter face paint (or vaseline/lipgloss) to make half moon shapes around your eyes, then add in a triangle shape on your forehead.
- It’s time to get glittery! To get this magical mermaid effect, we’re going to layer our glitter! We used a white/iridescent colour for the base, then added blue and silver on top, gold on the outer edges, and pink glitter to the inner edges.
- Next, use your tweezers to add diamontes to your face! If you need some ideas, sticking them along your brow is always a winner. But feel free to get creative!
- Now do you favourite eyeliner (we can’t resist the classic winged look) and add mascara.
- Pop on some lipgloss and you’re ready to go!
Being such a bright and fun look, feel free to match it with bright and bubbly outfits! The crazier, the better… otherwise if you prefer your regular festival look, a cute playsuit, boots and a hat will always look amazing!
Have you got your festival outfit sorted? Check out all our festival looks here!