Pancakes are pretty much the best breakfast EVER. Super sweet, and simple enough to add all your favourite ingredients on top! The only downside to pancakes? They’re definitely a treat that we shouldn’t really have every day… that is until we found this Nutella Pancakes recipe! Yep, filled with healthier stuff, it tastes just as good as regular pancakes but this time, you can have them as often as you like.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup smooth hazelnut butter (or other nut butter)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Dash hot water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients for the pancakes, then stir in the wet ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the ‘nutella.’ Stir until a smooth but slightly thick pastes forms (similar to that of Nutella). Add more water if required.
- Melt 1 tsp of coconut oil on a frypan medium heat.
- Pour in some pancake mixture, gently spread approximately 2 tablespoons of the Nutella in the centre of the pancake, then cover (only just) with a small amount of pancake mixture.
- Cook for about 1 minute then flip sides, cooking for 30 seconds to a minute, or until just golden.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Garnish with fruit like berries or banana for some extra yumminess!
Creator of the recipe: @coconutandbliss
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Looking for more weekend recipe inspo? Check out more of our healthy recipes here.