Craving something sweet for breakfast? What about pancakes – without the guilt? Check out this totally yummy Choc Chip Vanilla Pancakes recipe you can whip up on a Sunday morning in just 5 steps, and can be made vegan. A crowd pleaser for sure! Trust us, you better make extras…
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 free range organic eggs (or flax seed eggs if vegan)
- 2 tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 50g quality raw chocolate, chopped
Chocolate tahini sauce:
- 2 heaped tsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp coconut nectar
- 1 tsp tahini
- Dash hot water
- Place all pancake ingredients into a food processor/ blender except for the chocolate and blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a frypan, placing about ¼ cup of mixture on the pan each time.
- Leave it for a minute or 2 or until small bubbles form, then flip.
- To make the sauce, simply combine the above ingredients until it has reached a consistency that is slightly thick, but still runny.
Creator of the recipe: @coconutandbliss
Recipe Yield: 2
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Looking for another exciting recipe to whip up? Get your Master Chef on with our recipes here.