Ever gone to a restaurant and ordered rice paper rolls? Delicious, am I right?! Now we’ve got the secret recipe for your very own vegan rice paper wraps complete with almond tamari sauce! Totally delicious, easy to make and cheap too!
- 12 rice paper roll wrappers
- 3 medium avocados, thinly sliced across-ways
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 x 250g packet rice noodles
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
Almond Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or ABC but- ter)
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp honey (or pure maple syrup) 3-4 tbsp lime juice
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the ‘almond dipping sauce’ together until smooth. Set aside.
- Place a rice paper wrapper in warm water for about 10-20 seconds or until soft. Place on a damp teatowel and gently dab to dry.
- In the centre, place 1⁄4 of an avocado, carrot, some coriander, mint, and noodles. Drizzle with 2-3 tsp of the almond sauce.
- Fold the ends of the rice paper rolls and then roll firmly to enclose the filling ingredients. Con tinue with the remaining wrappers. 6. Serve with the remaining dipping sauce on the side and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Creator of the recipe: @coconutandbliss
Recipe Yield: 12
Prep Time: 20 minutes