It’s the festive season! That means Christmas treats! And everyone knows calories don’t count when connected to a celebration… right?! It’s time to give you and your loved one’s the gift of a mouth-watering delight with this Warm Ginger Loaf + Hot Caramel Sauce. Guaranteed to put you in Santa’s good books!
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 organic, free-range eggs (or 2 chia eggs if vegan)
- ¼ cup cocoa sugar
- 1 tsp powder
- 1 ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp mesquite
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all ‘loaf’ ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper with dimensions of 20 x 13cm.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer comes out just clean.
- For the ‘caramel’, place ingredients in a small saucepan over medium to high heat. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour the caramel over the loaf and serve immediately.
Creator of the recipe: @coconutandbliss
Recipe Yield: 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minute