Basic wear is like a canvas for your wardrobe. It gives you the freedom to be versatile and the creativity to mix and match with your wardrobe and create your own look. Not sure where to start? We’ve covered the um, the basics (ha ha…). Start with shorts, a tee and a bralette and layer your wardrobe around these items. Once you’re comfortable and confident with those, start exploring dresses and more! Check out our favourite outfit ideas for these below.
Style tip: When in doubt, denim is alway a perfect match to a basic piece.
- During the day: Prefer a no-fuss look? Pair your shorts with a striped tee and sneakers to keep it effortlessly cool.
- On vacay: We love shorts on holiday! They’re so easy and practical for travel. Wear them with a relaxed yet stylish singlet, a wide-brim hat and your slide sandals and cruise into holiday mode!
- Take them out: Brunch with your besties? Take your basic shorts out with a chambray top, sandals and statement sunnies for a stylish off-duty look.
- On the weekend: You can’t go wrong with a basic tee and a denim skirt. All you need to do it accessorise! Give it a girly spin with sandals and a floppy hat, or make it edgy with your favourite Docs and chokers necklaces.
- On vacay: The ultimate vacay essential, your tee can change to your needs. Wear it underneath overalls or a super loose, strappy dress, or denim shorts and your favourite sandals. Three new outfits! Booyah.
- Take it out: Hit up a festival, gig or pub with skinny jeans, boots and your basic tee. Basic and badass!
- Keep it casual: For a sports luxe look, rock a sports bralette under a loose tank top, denim cutoffs and sneakers for everyday cool.
- Dress it up: Take a cute bralette out paired with a semi-sheer blouse or top for a subtlely stylish look. With your favourite midi skirt and heels, you’re set for a match made in style heaven!
Getting back to basics never looked so effortless thanks to Found Basics. The ultimate founding pieces for any gal’s wardrobe, these sporty-luxe pieces will give your wardrobe the right amount of casual cool. This up-and-coming brand will be in our summer wardrobe! Yep, it’s love.
Shop all these Found Basics looks on the site.
Get more style-spo from Found Basics on their Insta!
What pieces are essential in your wardrobe?