The way to anyone’s heart is through a delicious, warm pretzel. Luckily for you, we’ve discovered a recipe for a cinnamon pretzel that’ll satisfy and delight all! Plus, it’s super easy to make AND guilt free so you can help yourself to seconds, or thirds… fourths? Why not.
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or other milk of choice
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¾ cups spelt flour, sifted (plus extra for dusting)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 organic, free-range egg, for brushing
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar, extra
- 1 tsp cinnamon, extra
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius, fan-forced.
- Place the milk, baking powder and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Leave for 10 minutes to foam.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the spelt flour, almond meal, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the coconut oil and then add the milk mixture.
- Stir using a wooden spoon until well combined and a dough has formed. Do not over-knead.
- Dust a bread board lightly with spelt flour and divide into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ‘rope’ about 2 cm thick.
- Bring the ends together, cross once, then twist again. Press the ends onto the opposite, enclosed side of the pretzel.
- Paint each pretzel lightly in the egg.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut sugar while still hot.
Note: oven times may vary.
Creator of the recipe: @coconutandbliss
Recipe Yield: 8
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes