You know that feeling you get when you’ve been good all week and then suddenly it’s someone’s birthday and there’s cake all round? Your heart says yes, but your stomach says no… Ugh, the inner turmoil is too real. Good news, ladies, is we’re here to inform you we’ve got a cake recipe that you can devour without the guilt. How about a second slice? Don’t mind if we do!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 80g quality raw chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3- 1/2 cup cacao (depending on your taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, place the melted chocolate, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter and egg yolks. Mix until well combined.
- Add the cacao, vanilla powder, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and gradually add the milk. Beat until a smooth mixture.
- Next, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites through the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin approximately 16cm in diameter.
- Cook for around 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out just clean.
- Serve warm!
Creator of the recipe: @coconutandbliss
Recipe Yield: 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes