1/2 cup packed Medjool dates, soaked in hot water
¼ cup nut butter
3 free range eggs
½ cup water
1 cup coconut milk
50g coconut butter
1 tsp mesquite (optional)
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 cup almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g raw chocolate (I use 2 ingredient ‘Dark Loving Earth’)
Plastic medicine syringes, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a high-speed blender, place the dates, nut butter, eggs, water, coconut milk, coconut butter, mesquite and vanilla bean powder. Blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl place the almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir until well combined.
- Grease a muffin tin tray and line with baking paper.
- Divide the mixture into 8 of the holes. Poke 1-2 squares of chocolate into the middle of each muffin mix.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until a skewer is poked through and just comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining the chocolate in a small saucepan, stirring quickly. Serve in the plastic syringes alongside the muffins.
- Inject the chocolate into the muffins or on top- whichever you desire!
Creator of the recipe: @coconutandbliss
Recipe Yield: 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
cook Time: 25 minutes