||Apple Loaf with Chocolate Sauce
||For the loaf:
- 3 large green apples (2 ½ grated and ½ thinly sliced for decoration)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- Heaped ¼ cup coconut sugar
For the chocolate sauce:
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini (or nut butter of choice)
- Dash hot water
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Add all ‘loaf’ ingredients into a large bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Top with the remaining half an apple.
- Bake for an hour or until golden. Test with a skewer before removing.
- Combine all ingredients for the chocolate sauce in a small bowl until a smooth consistency.
- Serve with the warm apple loaf.