This week I turned those traditionally naughty biscuits into something nice! I promise you- they taste just as good, if not better!
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- ½ cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 1 tsp maple
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced.
- In a mixing bowl, place all ‘biscuit ingredients.’ Stir until well combined.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using your finger, press down on each cookie and make to make a slight indentation.
- To make the ‘jam,’ use the back of a fork to mash the frozen raspberries in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop ½ tsp of jam into the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until just golden.
Makes 16 biscuits