My signature lemon curd tarts with the added zing of lime! The perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
3/4 cup almond meal
2 tbsp buckwheat flour
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 heaped tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 egg yolk
Juice 1 lemon
Juice 1 lime
1 ½ tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
2 tsp finely grated lime zest
2 tbsp. coconut oil (not melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 140 degrees celsius. Grease 9 holes of a mini muffin tray with coconut oil.
2. Place all of the base ingredients into small bowl and stir well until combined. If the mixture looks too dry, slowly add 1 tbsp water until a dough- like consistency is formed. Press the tart mixture into tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden and crisp.
3. Meanwhile, make the lemon lime curd. Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and whisk until well combined. Turn the heat to medium, continuing to whisk. The mixture should gradually become thicker and thicker until a curd consistency. Allow to cool complete-ly. Place in the fridge to make firmer.
4. Once the tart shells are cool, fill with the lemon lime curd.
5. Place in the fridge for half an hour.