The perfect winter warmer. Hot, creamy with the kick of Moroccan spices! Yum!
- 400g sweet potato
- 500g carrot
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 ½ cups organic canned chickpeas
- 3 tbsp cashews, soaked
- 5 cups vegetable stock, hot
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius, fan forced.
- Chop the sweet potato and carrot, place on a baking tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with Himalayan sea salt.
- Roast for about 40-55 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- In a Vitamix or good quality blender, place all ingredients and blend on high for a few minutes or until silky smooth.
- Pour the contents into a large saucepan over medium- high heat, adding some salt and pepper to season.
- Serve with coriander and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Makes about 4 small bowls or 3 larger bowls. I love serving mine with toasted Lebanese bread!