The ultimate sweet treat that is healthy of course! Tahini is a favourite of mine- contains healthy fats while being delicious at the same time.
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp oats
- ½ cup medjool dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cacao
- Dash water
- Preheat an oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- In a high speed blender place the oats and coconut. Pulse until a fine powder in formed.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the cacao and water and blend until a dough forms.
- Remove the mixture and place half in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the cacao and water to half the mixture, stirring until well combined. (Should be doughy in texture!)
- Place the chocolate dough in between two sheets of baking paper and roll into a rectangle.
- Place the other half of the mixture between another two sheets of baking paper and roll into the same shape and size.
- Peel off the top layer of baking paper on the two sets of dough.
- Place the chocolate dough directly on top of the plain dough.
- Fold into thirds widthways and then halve lengthways. Form into a log.
- Place in a freezer for 30-35 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into biscuits using a sharp knife.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until slightly more firm but still soft.
- Allow to cool.