We all love lamingtons, we all love pancakes, so why not combine the two?! Coconut and chocolate is the ultimate combo and doesn’t have to be unhealthy as seen through this sugar, dairy and gluten-free stack.
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp mesquite
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt (coyo) or greek yoghurt, if not dairy-free
- 1.5 tbsp coconut nectar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp macadamia butter (can substitute almond butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 heaped tbsp. cacao
- ½ tbsp coconut nectar or pure maple syrup
- Dash hot water
- ½ heaped tbsp tahini
- Desiccated coconut and coyo, to serve
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well then add in all other ingredients, except the eggwhites. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the eggwhites through the pancake mixture.
- Heat a pan greased with coconut oil to medium heat.
- Place spoonfuls of desired size into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side (or until bubbles form) then flip.
- Meanwhile, combine the cacao, coconut nectar and hot water and stir until smooth. Add in the tahini and mix well, add more hot water if required.
- Serve the pancakes with the sauce, coconut and coyo.
My name is Sophie and I’m a 20-year-old media student from Sydney.
I have an intense love for healthy food, nutritious cooking and cafe exploring! This has been a long-term passion of mine as I understand the importance of fuelling your body with goodness. Not only do you feel amazing and energetic on the inside, you glow with health on the outside! It may sound cliché, but it is absolutely true! I love leading this healthy, active lifestyle.
FOLLOW SOPHIE: @coconutandbliss