Summer brings those intense cravings for refreshing sweet treats. Enjoy my fruity twist of the classic icecream sundae- even down to the ice magic! As always, it is 100% healthy and bursting with nutrition.
2 small frozen bananas
1 medjool date (or 1 tsp honey)
1 tbsp water
½ cup frozen mixed berries
1 tbsp good quality protein powder (optional, I recommend Inca Organics)
1 heaped tsp honey
1 tsp coconut oil, melted
1 heaped tsp cacao
- For the ice magic, stir all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the icecream, place the bananas, date, water and protein (if using) in a high speed blender. Blend on a high speed. The bananas may look crumbly. Just wait a few minutes for it to become smooth and creamy.
- Pour ¾ of the mixture in a jar.
- Now add the berries to the remaining banana mixture in the blender and blend.
- Pour the rest into the jar.
- Slowly spoon over the ‘ice magic.’ As it runs over the cold icecream, it will begin to set.
- Place a cherry on top and sprinkle with buckinis if desired!
My name is Sophie and I’m a 20-year-old media student from Sydney.
I have an intense love for healthy food, nutritious cooking and cafe exploring! This has been a long-term passion of mine as I understand the importance of fuelling your body with goodness. Not only do you feel amazing and energetic on the inside, you glow with health on the outside! It may sound cliché, but it is absolutely true! I love leading this healthy, active lifestyle.
FOLLOW SOPHIE: @coconutandbliss