These cakes are a nutritious option that satisfy any sweet craving! The use of hazelnut in combination with cacao imitates the heavenly experience of a Ferrero Rocher. What I love most about these is that they are delicious, guilt-free and jam-packed with nutrients. No need for deprivation!
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup hazelnut or almond meal
- ¼ cup hazelnut butter (I use Mayver’s hazelnut cacao spread but any nut butter will work)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cacao (or good quality cocoa powder)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey, coconut nectar, brown rice syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp boiling water
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees (fan-forced). Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Make a well in the centre and pour in all wet ingredients. Whisk. Place the mixture into a greased mini cupcake pan. Bake for approximately 10 minutes (so they are still a slightly fudgy consistency!) Allow to cool.
- 1 avocado
- 2 ½ tbsp pure maple syrup (or more to taste)
- ½ – 2/3 cup of cacao (depending our how chocolatey you like it!)
- 3 tbsp Mayver’s hazelnut cacao spread (or other nut butter)
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor on a low speed until creamy and well-combined. Place in a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled fudge cakes.
Hope you all enjoy this goodness-filled recipe.
Lots of love, Sophie xx
My name is Sophie and I’m a 20-year-old media student from Sydney. I have an intense love for healthy food, nutritious cooking and cafe exploring! This has been a long-term passion of mine as I understand the importance of fuelling your body with goodness. Not only do you feel amazing and energetic on the inside, you glow with health on the outside! It may sound cliché, but it is absolutely true! I love leading this healthy, active lifestyle.
FOLLOW SOPHIE: @coconutandbliss